Putting Students First
Purpose of Award
The Putting Students First Award, presented by the Division of Student Life Staff Development Committee, recognizes one full-time staff member who has had a major impact on the lives of K-State students.
The award is given to a staff member who is currently employed within the Division of Student Life at Kansas State University and has been employed within the Division of Student Life for a minimum of one (1) year.
Criteria for Nomination
The nominee must demonstrate:
- A commitment to student success, as demonstrated through on- and off-campus service and engaging co-curricular practices.
- A dedication to the well-being of students demonstrated through service above and beyond required University responsibilities.
The nomination procedure will include:
- The request for nominations will be sent to department heads and announced in the K-State Today for faculty and staff. An advertisement will also be placed in the Collegian and the K-State Today Student Edition informing students that they may submit nominations for this award.
- All department heads, staff and students are welcomed to nominate a deserving staff member for this award.
- The nomination packet should be submitted via OrgSync.
- A selection committee of members from the Division of Student Life Staff Development Committee will review the submitted nominations.
Fully completed nominations must include:
- Completed nomination form.
- One (1) nomination letter describing how the nominee specifically meets the criteria for nomination listed above.
- One (1) letter of support from a current K-State student or recent graduate. If a student is the nominator, the letter of support should come from the nominee’s department head.
- Any supporting documentation of the nominee’s work with students that relates to the criteria for nomination listed above.
Deadline for Nomination is Friday, March 3, 2017
Questions on this award can be directed to the Student Life Staff Development Committee by e-mailing email@example.com.