The Division of Communications and Marketing works with the campus community and external audiences to consistently communicate, promote and brand the image of Kansas State University.
K-State invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Client Manager in Marketing Services. The successful candidate will serve as a main point of contact for K-State clients utilizing the Division for a number of services, including:
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- News and communications services
- Writing and design services for publications such as brochures, posters, recruitment materials and other print products
- Social media strategy and assistance
- Websites and Web content
- Video and animation services
The Client Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Creative Director and other unit heads to meet client needs.
We are looking for a focused self-starter who is highly organized and has experience building lasting relationships with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Monitoring multiple client deadlines on a daily basis to ensure projects are on schedule and managing client expectations. The ability to accurately convey client needs to all working on the project is key.
- Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests, updates and special projects, both verbally and in writing.
- Preparing client-related business materials for meetings/presentations; leading client meetings/presentations.
- Directly managing plan implementation and reporting results and critical issues encountered during execution.
- Effectively managing day-to-day relations between the client and the Division.
- Maintaining an understanding of client's products/services, target audience(s), market, distribution, share and trends. Ability to conduct research would be a plus.
- Developing a firm working understanding of the university’s branding guidelines and being able to interpret them for clients.
- Entering, maintaining and tracking jobs within a Web-based project management system.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Tactical marketing/branding experience.
- Ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans with strong follow-through and measurable results.
To apply, send letter of application, resume, names and contact information for three references to:
Search Committee, Client Mgr.
Division of Communications and Marketing
Kansas State University
128 Dole Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-6902
Applications may be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com, subject line: Client Mgr. Application. Review will begin July 14, 2014.