Client Manager, Marketing Services
The Division of Communications and Marketing works with the campus community and external audiences to consistently communicate promote and brand the image of Kansas State University. The successful candidate will serve as a main point of contact for K-State clients utilizing the Division for a number of services. The Client Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Creative Director and other unit heads to meet client needs. We are looking for a focused self-starter who is highly organized and has experience building lasting relationships with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Tactical marketing/branding experience.
- Ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans with strong follow-through and measurable results.
The successful candidate will serve as a main point of contact for K-State clients utilizing the Division for a number of services.
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- News and communications services
- Writing and design services for publications
- Social media strategy and assistance
- Websites and Web content
- Video and animation services
The Client Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Creative Director and other unit heads to meet client needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring multiple client deadlines on a daily basis to ensure projects are on schedule and managing client expectations. The ability to accurately convey client needs to all working on the project is key.
- Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests, updates and special projects, both verbally and in writing.
- Preparing client-related business materials for meetings/presentations; leading client meetings/presentations.
- Directly managing plan implementation and reporting results and critical issues encountered during execution.
- Effectively managing day-to-day relations between the client and the Division.
- Maintaining an understanding of client's products/services, target audience(s), market, distribution, share and trends. Ability to conduct research would be a plus.
- Developing a firm working understanding of the university's branding guidelines and being able to interpret them for clients.
- Entering, maintaining and tracking jobs within a Web-based project management system.
For information, see the Benefits Eligibility and Summary of Benefits available to Kansas State University employees.
Manhattan has been recently ranked # 19 in “Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S." by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, & Affordability.
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of application, resume, names and contact information for three references in PDF format to email@example.com, subject line: Client Manager or mail to:
Attention Evelyn Dakken
Division of Communications and Marketing
Kansas State University
128 Dole Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-6902
Position available immediately. Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.