Client Manager, Marketing Services
The successful candidate will serve as a main point of contact for K-State clients utilizing the Division for a number of services. The Client Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Creative Director and other unit heads to meet client needs.
Information about the Department
The Division of Communications and Marketing works with the university community and external audiences to consistently communicate, promote and brand the image of Kansas State University. We are looking for a focused self-starter who is highly organized and has experience building lasting relationships with clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice president for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
The successful candidate will serve as a main point of contact for K-State clients utilizing the Division for a number of services.
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- News and communications services
- Writing and design services for publications
- Social media strategy and assistance
- Websites and Web content
- Video and animation services
The Client Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Creative Director and other unit heads to meet client needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring multiple client deadlines on a daily basis to ensure projects are on schedule and managing client expectations. The ability to accurately convey client needs to all working on the project is key.
- Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests, updates and special projects, both verbally and in writing.
- Preparing client-related business materials for meetings/presentations; leading client meetings/presentations.
- Directly managing plan implementation and reporting results and critical issues encountered during execution.
- Effectively managing day-to-day relations between the client and the Division.
- Maintaining an understanding of client's products/services, target audience(s), market, distribution, share and trends. Ability to conduct research would be a plus.
- Developing a firm working understanding of the university’s branding guidelines and being able to interpret them for clients.
Entering, maintaining and tracking jobs within a Web-based project management system.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans with strong follow-through and measurable results.
Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions
- Normal Office Environment
Screening of Applications
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/Pay Rate
$40,500.00 to $55,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Background Screening Statement
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.