The Division of Communications and Marketing works with the campus community and external audiences to communicate and promote and brand the image of Kansas State University.
K-State invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Assistant Photographer in Photographic Services. The successful candidate will photograph a wide variety of assignments and will process and catalog images.
The successful candidate will be self-reliant, creative and comfortable shooting in a wide variety of lighting situations. The successful candidate will also show good computer skills, organization skills and interact well with other people.
We are looking for an organized shooter with good range and flexibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Organizing multiple shoots
- Delivering images quickly to clients
- Portraiture – studio and location
- Event photography
- Promotional and documentary location photography
- Still life studio photography
- Research photography
- Organizing, processing and delivering images from multiple shoots on tight deadlines
- Helping to maintain the image catalog
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Experience covering a wide range of photographic assignments
- Excellent visual skills, drive and imagination
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work with designers and writers to produce great storytelling photographs
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Familiarity with Macintosh computers and the Adobe family of software (particularly Lightroom and Photoshop)
Salary range $30,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
To apply, submit in PDF format letter of application, resume, names and contact information for three references and photographic portfolio (no more than 25 images) to email@example.com, subject line: Asst. Photographer Application.
Application review begins April 15, 2015 and continues until filled; position available immediately. K-State is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Background check required.