K-State invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Marketing Assistant in the Marketing Services unit of the Division of Communications and Marketing.
Student work opportunities
Student Graphic Designer
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Design and layout of publications, brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, newsletters and web banners.
- Prepare all artwork for print.
- Utilize Division of Communications and Marketing project management software.
- Work cooperatively as a part of the Communications and Marketing design services unit.
- Ability to arrive on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to learn new software and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
- Fulfill responsibilities of position description and stated job expectations of supervisor.
- Graphic design experience or completed university courses.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of CMYK and PMS color grids.
- Grammar and proofing skills.
- Currently enrolled at Kansas State University as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Must be in good disciplinary and financial standing with the university.
- The Student Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Director.
For more information or to apply please contact:
Michael Oetken Creative Director Division of Communications and Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org 785-532-2543