The Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies at Kansas State University is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies supports the strategic goals for undergraduate education as outlined in K-State 2025: A Visionary Plan for Kansas State University. This includes direct support of K-State First, University Honors Program, School of Leadership Studies, Honor & Integrity System, Office of Undergraduate Research, Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships, and the Office of Pre-Law Advising, as well as responsibility university-wide for academic advising, service-learning, and K-State 8 (general education). Reporting to the Office of the Provost, Undergraduate Studies works closely with the faculty, staff, students, and administrators at the Manhattan and Salina campuses as well as the Division of Continuing Education and the offices which report to the Division of Student Life. Improved retention and graduation rates are measures of success, as are expansion of undergraduate research and other indicators of academic rigor and quality.
- Manage the budget for the unit which includes preparation and submission of all financial transactions.
- Manage special projects for the unit such as New Student Convocation, Week of Welcome, Summer Undergraduate Advising Institute, etc.
- Serve as administrative support for the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies which includes calendaring, drafting correspondence and other documentation, scheduling meetings and conferences, making travel arrangements and providing support to the Committee on Academic Policy and Procedures.
- Utilize the University's content management system to update and maintain the unit's website.
- Communicate with University administrators, faculty and staff; external organizations; students; and other constituents.
- Serve as a resource to units reporting to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies.
- Earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- One year experience in administrative work in a public or private organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of accounting practices
- Five or more years of professional experience
- Knowledge of Kansas State University academic structure
Salary Range: $35,000 - $40,000
Qualified candidates should submit the following documents: a cover letter describing how the candidate's educational experience and professional experiences meet the required and preferred qualifications for the position; a complete resume; copy of transcript of all degrees (official transcripts required upon selection); and names and complete contact information of three individuals who can speak to the applicant's qualifications for the position. PDF files preferred. Application deadline is October 31, 2013.
Submit application materials to email@example.com or to:
Kansas State University
School of Leadership Studies
103 Leadership Studies Building
Manhattan, KS 66506
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.