September 16, 2013
Technology classes include iPad, photography, cybersecurity at UFM Community Learning Center
Those who want to learn more about technology this fall can tap into the UFM Community Learning Center's low-cost classes, where the philosophy is "everyone can teach, everyone can learn." UFM is a creative educational program serving Kansas State University, the Manhattan area and the state of Kansas.
Class descriptions below have been excerpted from the UFM fall 2013 catalog.
- Get Organized, Informed and Entertained with the iPad, Sept. 17. Learn about apps available for work, school and home, and how Apple TV can transform your entertainment experience.
- Introduction to Digital Photography: The Basics, starts Sept. 19. This class will focus on the basic concepts of photography and using your camera.
- Computer Skills 101, starts Oct. 8. This orientation to computers is ideal for those who have had little exposure to computers.
- Online Introduction to Photography, starts Oct. 28. This class will focus on the basic concepts of photography and using your camera.
- Cyber Security: It Affects You, Too, Nov. 4. Learn about many different threats, antivirus programs, firewalls, anti-spyware, identity theft, phishing, how to create strong passwords and more.
The Try UFM website has details on classes and registration.