January 25, 2013
There's still time to register for the 2013 Kansas Day celebration
Mmmm, can you smell the barbecue? Please join us in celebrating Kansas Day 2013.
You still have time to register. Registration is open until Friday, Jan. 25. Don't miss this exciting event highlighting our state's history, agriculture, music and poetry.
Kansas Day 2013
11 a.m. to noon
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013
Hemisphere Room in Hale Library
- Jim Sherow, professor of history, welcome and "What brought about Kansas Day?"
- Mike Haddock, assistant dean K-State Libraries, Kansas Flora, author of "Wildflowers & Grasses of Kansas"
- Mickey Ransom, professor of agronomy, Kansas Soils and Landscapes
- Bonnie Lynn Sherow, associate professor of history, Undergraduate Research in Kansas History
- Ron Wilson, director of the Huck Boyd Institute, Kansas Cowboy Poetry
- Jana Fallin, interim director CATL, professor emeritus of music, Cowboy Music
Please join us after the event for lunch catered by Cox Bros. BBQ. Lunch cost: $10 per person. Register now.
Noon: Justin Kastner, veterinary medicine, lunchtime comments, "150 Years of Kansas Beef"
A big thank you to Hale Library for hosting this event.
Contact Jana Fallin at the center for the advancement of teaching and learning if you have any questions: email@example.com, 785-532-7828