October 19, 2012
Teach For America third deadline is Nov. 2
Teach For America's third deadline is quickly approaching on Friday, Nov. 2. If you know a student leader, refer them to the organization.
Teach For America is growing the movement of leaders who work to ensure that kids growing up in poverty receive an excellent education.
- We recruit a diverse group of leaders with a record of achievement who work to expand educational opportunity, starting by teaching for two years in a low-income community.
- We provide intensive training, support and career development that helps these leaders increase their impact and deepen their understanding of what it takes to close the achievement gap.
- We are a growing movement of leaders, now 33,000 strong, working at every level of education, policy and other professions, to ensure that all children can receive an excellent education.
Teach For America is your opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of students and families within our country. The application requirements are simple:
- 500 word letter of intent
- No letters of recommendation required
- Click here to view the application: www.teachforamerica.org/application
The Basics of Teach For America:
- Teach For America Corps Members are full-time teachers in a classroom
- All academic majors and backgrounds accepted (background in education/teacher certification is not required)
- Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits
- Americorps Education award of $11,100
- Loan forbearance and paid interest for two years
- Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 46 regions
- All grade levels (preK-12) and subjects including ELL, Special Education, and the arts
- Option to receive your certification and/or Masters in Teaching
- Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their societal impact