February 6, 2012
eID passwords must be changed by Wednesday, Feb. 8
All K-State eID passwords, including individual and group, must be changed by Wednesday, Feb. 8. To change your password go to eProfile, eid.k-state.edu, sign in with your eID and current password, then click "Change your eID password" and follow the steps.
Don't risk getting locked out of K-State wireless or email. Once you have changed to a new password, immediately update the eID password settings in all your computers, devices, and applications.This includes:
- KSU Wireless and/or KSU Housing wireless connections, using XpressConnect
- Your local email and calendar client such as Outlook, MacMail and iCal, Pegasus, or Gmail
- Your mobile device(s) such as your cellphone or tablet
- Other mobile devices, computers and Web services
If you get locked out, you may get an "HTTP 400" error when trying to access K-State Zimbra webmail or not be able to connect to the Internet using wireless on campus. If this happens, update your password in your devices and, if you still can't connect, contact the IT Help Desk.
Fun facts as of Wednesday, Feb. 1
- eIDs required to change password: 41,273
- eIDs that have NOT changed password: 23,705
- eIDs that have changed password: 17,568
- Current students: 22,533
- Current students who have NOT changed password: 11,292
- Current employees: 6,090
- Current employees who have NOT changed password: 2,661
The above eID statistics include eIDs for people, groups, or systems that are not students or employees. Also, the "current student" subset of eIDs overlaps with the "current employee" subset.