January 25, 2012
Library tech tips
A warm welcome to everyone! While you've been away, we've been busy; Hale Library has been abuzz with activity, such as moving unique collections and installing new carpet. There have also been some technology enhancements over the break. Check out the links below to popular technology and equipment topics.
- Ask a Librarian is a great way to contact us, as well as view a variety of frequently asked questions, such as:
- Hale Library InfoCommons Mac computers should no longer get stuck at the log-on screen.
- Hale Library InfoCommons Mac computers now have access to the color printer. The print dialog box will display "Hale-MDC-Color" and you can retrieve your color print jobs from the Media Development Center print station in Hale 213.
- Students are allocated $10 for printing in University Labs, including the InfoCommons.
- Good news for laptop users, you can now print to campus printers. You will, however, need to set up wireless printing on your laptop first. Follow these instructions for PCs and Macs:
We hope you have a great semester. We're happy to help you, so stop by and see us at Library Help, contact us by email, text, chat, or make an appointment with a librarian at Ask a Librarian.