January 23, 2014
Nominations being accepted for Commerce Bank Distinguished Graduate Faculty Award
The Graduate School is accepting nominations for the Commerce Bank Distinguished Graduate Faculty Award. The award honors current members of the graduate faculty who are recognized nationally and internationally for their outstanding scholarly achievements and for their contributions to graduate education at the university. Recipients of the award will receive an honorarium, are recognized during the fall Graduate School commencement ceremony and during a public lecture to the campus community.
The materials noted below should be submitted as one Word or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1:
- Letter of nomination, generally three pages in length, highlighting the major accomplishments of the nominee and referencing why the nominee merits selection for the award. Please address why the nominee should be considered for this award, including his or her scholarship and contributions to graduate education at K-State.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for eight potential references to provide evaluation letters in support of the nominee. Please include name, title, email address and professional background information for each reference. Please disclose the connection between each individual and the nominee.
- Three potential references to be contacted regarding the nominee’s contributions to graduate education at K-State.
- Five potential references to be contacted regarding the nominee’s scholarly qualifications. These individuals should be national and international leaders in their fields and external to K-State.
Nominees will be considered for three consecutive years and materials may be updated annually, if desired. After a one-year hiatus, the individual may be nominated again.