September 17, 2013
Location change for today's ice cream social
This year's All-University Campaign for K-State will kick off this week with ice cream socials in Manhattan, Salina and Olathe. All faculty and staff are invited to help celebrate the beginning of this year's campaign and K-State's culture of philanthropy.
An ice cream social on the Manhattan campus will take place from 2-3:30 today, Sept. 17, in the K-State Student Union Ballroom. The Salina campus ice cream social will be 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, at the Technology Center Commons. The Olathe campus's ice cream social will take place from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, in the Bistro.
The All-University Campaign for K-State is an internal fundraising effort run by campus faculty and staff volunteers specifically focused on the participation of all employees including the Manhattan campus, K-State Salina, K-State Olathe, K-State Alumni Association, KSU Foundation and K-State Athletics. It is an annual campaign for all members of the campus community to participate in by supporting the areas of the university they care about most.
Last year's campaign had record‑breaking results, including:
- 42 percent overall participation rate — a 3 percent increase from 2011
- More than 2,100 faculty and staff made a gift to the campaign
- 192 faculty and staff made their first gift to K-State during the campaign
- 51 made a gift through payroll deduction
- More than $1.3 million dollars raised during the 2012 campaign