September 14, 2011
Legal issues for supervisors of classified employees
The office of general counsel will present a session on legal issues for supervisors of classified employees from 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, in the Town Hall of the Leadership Building.
Attendance is limited to those currently in supervisory, lead worker, or management positions at K-State.
This presentation is intended to provide an introduction to some of the common legal issues faced by supervisors of classified employees at K-State. The office of general counsel staff will share tips on avoiding legal pitfalls in the supervisory role.
Topics to be addressed include:
- The role of the office of general counsel
- Liability/Kansas Tort Claims Act
- Evaluation/discipline of classified employees
- Sexual harassment and racial/ethnic harassment
- Americans with Disabilities Act, orADA/reasonable accommodations
- Family and Medical Leave Act, FMLA
- State Governmental Ethics Act
To register or for more information, please visit the Human Resources’ website.