July 31, 2013
Facilities central mail services implements service fee increase, the first in 20 years
Effective Aug. 1, the service fee on any postage applied to outgoing university mail will increase from 7.5 percent to 14 percent. The last increase was in the early 1990s. Facilities central mail services has worked diligently to avoid having to implement an increase in the service fee; however, the cost of doing business has risen to the extent that the decision became a necessity.
What does this service fee buy you?
- Central mail employees have a cumulative total of 100 years of mail and shipping experience.
- Central mail employees are subject matter experts when it comes to the USPS, UPS and FedEx rules, regulations and guidelines, insuring that your mail or shipment is processed efficiently, cost effectively and correctly.
- Rate shopping so that you receive the desired service at the most economical cost.
- Central mail will act as your liaison with USPS, UPS and FedEx regarding any issues relevant to your mail or shipments. For instance, an insured package shipped via UPS is damaged. Central Mail Services will be your advocate and work with the vendor to obtain your refund for you.
- The opportunity to benefit from any cost savings programs available through Central Mail Services. For instance, outgoing international mail is sent through an international mail consolidator, a service that offers a potential 50 percent savings in postage.
- Address correction and mail forwarding services.
- Mail piece design assistance.
- Hazardous material shipping by certified employees.
We look forward to serving you!