July 22, 2013
Zoom training sessions available on campus
Information technology services is offering training sessions on Zoom, a high-definition video and audio conferencing tool that is available to all K-State students, faculty and staff. Training sessions will be for individual colleges, departments and groups who have requested them, as well as large group sessions available for anyone to attend.
The Zoom training session will consist of a quick overview, basic functionality, information on how to sign up for Zoom service and a tutorial on the following:
- Updating settings
- Scheduling and starting meetings — recurring and single instance
- Dual stream for dual monitor
- Active speaker, spotlight speaker and gallery view
- Inviting participants
- Host control options
- Screen sharing — with and without audio
- Remote control
- Private and group chat
- Recording and archiving meetings
- PSTN — Phone dial-in
- Connecting from H.323 — i.e. Polycom — and SIP — i.e. Microsoft Lync — devices
The session will last approximately an hour with time for questions during and after the tutorial.
The large group training sessions available to all K-Staters are scheduled for the following times and locations:
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, in 105 Umberger Hall
- 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, July 30, in 163 Justin Hall
- 10-11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 15, in 163 Justin Hall
For more information on Zoom, refer to the Zoom Knowledge Base article. If you want to schedule a demo for your college, department or group, or have any other questions, please contact Luke Haselwood at 785-532-2993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.