July 9, 2013
Revised procedure for K-State faculty traveling internationally: Out-of-state travel request form
The office of international programs is implementing a mechanism to gather information about K-State faculty and staff traveling internationally.
The out-of-state travel request form — already an existing procedure — is the simplest way to collect that information. The new process now requires the top section of the form to be sent to the office of international programs when travel occurs outside of the United States. The process was discussed with the office of the provost and the Division of Financial Services, and shared with each of the colleges by Marcelo Sabatés, the interim associate provost, as he met with each group to update them on international initiatives.
"International travel by our faculty and staff is at an all-time high and has an extraordinary scope and depth. In keeping with the internationalization dimension of K-State 2025, the purpose of this new request is to develop a universitywide procedure that allows us to better track, coordinate, communicate and extend our presence in the world," Sabatés said.
The revised form will:
- allow the office of international programs to produce an accurate overview of the university's international activities;
- better identify current and priority countries and areas strategically vital to the university;
- advise traveling Kansas State University faculty and staff of initiatives/partnerships already underway in the region;
- reinforce connections between the university and its international academic partnerships, research connections and alumni in the respective countries and regions; and
- study new ways the university can serve the needs of faculty and staff traveling abroad.
Now, the administrative staff will only need to send a copy of Section 1 to email@example.com. Call the office of international programs at 532-5498 if you have any questions.