May 14, 2013
General faculty meeting to discuss salaries
The entire Kansas State University family, especially faculty and unclassified professionals, are invited and strongly encouraged to attend the General Faculty Meeting* scheduled at 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, in Union Forum Hall.
There are two primary topics of discussion for this meeting:
1. The alignment of faculty and unclassified professional salaries with the goals of K‐State 2025.
2. The disproportionate increases in salary expenditures for upper administration and deans compared to faculty over the past four years.
A resolution will be voted on at this meeting. Attendance is very important at this meeting as signatures of faculty in favor of this resolution will be collected.
Here is the link to the resolution as well as three additional documents as listed below: http://www.k-state.edu/facsen/current.html.
1. Resolution regarding faculty and unclassified professional salaries
2. KSU Faculty Salaries Comparative Perspective
3. Executive summary of Faculty Compensation TF Report: Complete report
4. Executive summary of Unclassified TF Report: Complete report
As historical back ground on this topic ‐ Faculty Salary and Fringe Benefits Annual Reports dating back to 1999 can be found at: http://www.k-state.edu/pa/statinfo/reports/faculty/salfringe.htm
*University Handbook section B80 states that a general faculty meeting can be called as a result of a petition signed by more than 25 faculty.