April 23, 2013
Six graduating students earn Anderson Senior Awards, Graduate Student Awards
The K-State Alumni Association will honor six Kansas State University graduating students for their outstanding academics, leadership, inspiration and service. The recipients will be recognized April 25 at a luncheon at the K-State Alumni Center.
Four graduating seniors have earned the Anderson Senior Awards, which recognize outstanding achievements during their college careers.
The following are recipients of 2013 Anderson Senior Awards:
- Outstanding Academics: Maureen Orth, English, Prairie Village
- Outstanding Inspiration: James Geary, management, Overland Park
- Outstanding Leadership: Bronson Blackwell, accounting, Wichita
- Outstanding Service: DeeAnn Turpin, biological systems, Leavenworth
The Alumni Association also will recognize two graduate students for their academics, leadership and service.
The following are recipients of 2013 Graduate Student Awards:
- Outstanding Academics: Romil Bhandavat, mechanical engineering, India
- Outstanding Leadership and Service: Kat Lopez, mass communication, Sante Fe, N.M.
Faculty and peers nominated students for the awards and members of the Alumni Association board of directors and K-State students selected the winning candidates.
"These winners were chosen from a group of outstanding candidates," said Megan Sherlock, associate director of student programs for the Alumni Association. "We are excited to honor these six individuals for what they have achieved at K-State."