April 11, 2013
Search beginning for interim dean of engineering
I am pleased to announce that the following individuals have agreed to serve on the search committee, which will make recommendations regarding the appointment of an interim dean for the College of Engineering:
- Brian Niehoff, chair, associate provost for institutional effectiveness
- Joe Aistrup, associate dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Amy Betz, assistant professor, mechanical and nuclear engineering
- Laverne Bitsie-Baldwin, director, multicultural engineering program
- Don Gruenbacher, head, electrical and computer engineering
- Kimberly Kramer, associate professor, architectural engineering and construction science
- Maureen Lockhart, administrative assistant to the dean of engineering
- Ronaldo Maghirang, professor, biological and agricultural engineering
- Larry Satzler, assistant dean for academics, College of Engineering
The committee has been charged and has begun their work so that we can have the interim dean in place prior to the end of the semester. Please join me in expressing appreciation to these individuals for their willingness to serve the college and university in this important capacity.
The position announcement is available at http://www.k-state.edu/provost/about/searches/coe/deancoe.pdf.