March 8, 2013
Clarification regarding classified employees signing up for university support staff group discussions in HRIS
In April and May, the Alternative Service Committee will hold multiple group discussion sessions for classified employees to attend and have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and input to the committee about the white papers drafted in collaboration with Kansas State University. The drafted white papers have been developed under the provision of Statute 76-715a for a new system of administration for employment, known as university support staff, or USS.
To clarify the participation and registration process the following is being provided. Each group discussion session will be two hours in length and cover the same content; consisting of a verbal presentation of a brief history of the Alternative Service Committee, the charge of the committee and an overview of the drafted white papers, which will be followed by gathering feedback and input from classified employees in attendance.
Since all the sessions are the same, participation is only necessary for one session. Registration for a group discussion is available through your HRIS self-service portal with the course description listed as "ASC Group Discussions for USS" and the course number is WHR103.
It is important you register due to room capacity limits. If you registered prior to this announcement you do not have to register again.
You may register in one of two ways:
1) Through HRIS Self Enrollment https://www.as.ksu.edu/psp/HRIS , or
2) Email to email@example.com. Please include your name, employee ID — if known, — course number WHR103, group discussion date and location. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-6277.
The dates and times on the Manhattan campus: Alternative Service Committee group discussions for university support staff, WHR103
- Session 0001 — 2:30 p.m. April 1 in 227 K-State Student Union
- Session 0002 — 10: 30 a.m. April 4 in the K-State Student Union Big 12 Room
- *Session 0003 — 1 p.m. April 9 in 227 K-State Student Union
- *Session 0004 — 3 p.m. April 17 K-State Student Union Little Theatre
- Session 0005 — Noon April 22 in the K-State Student Union West Ballroom
- Session 0009 — 3 p.m. April 29 Edwards Hall Commons
- *Session 0006 — 3 p.m. May 2 in the K-State Student Union Big 12 Room
- Session 0007 — 11 a.m. May 7 in the K-State Student Union K Ballroom
- Session 0010 — 11 a.m. May 10 in Edwards Hall Commons
The day and time on the Salina Campus: Alternative Service Committee group discussions for university support staff, WHR103:
- Session 0008 — 10 a.m. April 8 in Salina, College Center conference room
The dates with asterisks’ (*) are discussion groups that will also be available through teleconferencing for those who are unable to attend in person. Please contact email@example.com with regard to the details of using this service. Throughout the month of March, various communications will be sent to classified employees as a reminder to register for the discussion groups.
The committee’s webpage, communications, copies of white papers, and progress of the plan can be found online.