February 15, 2013
The Americans with Disabilities Act presentation on Feb. 27
Pam Foster, associate director of affirmative action, will present training on the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, or ADA(AA), WTD076, from 10–11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in Room 226 of the K-State Student Union.
President George W. Bush signed the ADA(AA) on Oct. 8, 2008. On July 23, 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder signed the final regulations revising the ADA regulations. This training will provide an overview and update of the act including the purpose of the act, who is protected, who is not protected, employer responsibilities, employee responsibilities and covered employment practices.
Topics covered will be able to:
- Explain the basic tenets of the act and the amended act;
- Recognize situations when the interactive process may be indicated;
- Initiate the interactive process or know who to call for assistance; and
- Identify reasonable accommodations for your department.
Training activities will include a video on the myths surrounding individuals with disabilities, lecture and discussion.
You may register in one of two ways:
1) Through HRIS Self Enrollment, or
2) Email to email@example.com. Please include your name, employee ID number, course title and session number.
Please note: It is the employee’s responsibility to obtain the necessary departmental approvals prior to enrolling.