February 13, 2013
Call for nominations: Putting Students First awards
The Putting Students First Award for Outstanding Service to Students, presented by the Division of Student Life, recognizes one full-time faculty member and one Division of Student Life staff member, who has had a major impact on the lives of K-State students over a number of years. The award evaluation is based on a nomination and support documentation of at least two years of service.
The award evaluation is based on a nomination and support documentation of at least two years of service. The award will be presented to the faculty and staff member who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- A commitment to students, as demonstrated through engaging teaching and involvement with and service to students.
- A commitment to the well-being of students, demonstrated through interacting with students and/or providing outstanding service for students
- A unique quality of care for fairness, as demonstrated through fair and ethical treatment of students.
- A demonstration of going that extra mile, shown through service to students above and beyond the call of duty.
- This award is designed to acknowledge nominees who have served over many years. A minimum of two years of service is required.
- Faculty: Must be a current faculty or instructor.
- Staff member: Works for the Division of Student Life.
To nominate: Please include the following materials:
- Nomination form available at http://www.ksu.edu/stulifeprograms
- One letter of nomination, including how this individual specifically meets the criteria for this award. Include resume and documentation of nominee’s work with students.
- A letter of support from a current K-State student or recent graduate. If a student is the nominator, the letter of support should come from the nominee’s department head.
- No self-nominations will be accepted; previous winners will not be considered.
Due date: 5 p.m. Monday, March 11
The Putting Students First Award Committee
c/o Carla Jones
103 Holton Hall
or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions: Contact Carla Jones, email@example.com, 785-532-7305