December 3, 2012
Celebrate holiday season with items commemorating K-State's 150th birthday
Now that the holiday shopping season is in full swing, keep in mind that Kansas State University is offering official memorabilia to commemorate the university's 150th year as a land-grant institution.
Megan Umscheid, project coordinator for the president's office, said official merchandise is expected to be available in early December at www.k-state.edu/150 by clicking the "merchandise" tab.
"These items are exclusive to our website," said Umscheid.
Available items include:
- Silk men's neck tie showcasing all of the mascots from K-State's history.
- Purple silk women's scarf displaying Anderson Hall in silver.
- Commemorative notecard set (10 notecards) featuring K-State landmarks.
- Silver and purple large flag featuring generations of mascots.
- Purple and white men's and women's T-shirts.
Umscheid said additional items will be available later in 2013, including a commemorative historical coffee table book and replicas of the winners of the Wildcat March statues. The Wildcat March takes place throughout 2013 and invites Kansas artists, architects, photographers and designers to paint, decorate or adorn fiberglass Wildcat statues for display.