April 25, 2011
Psychology faculty presentations
Several faculty members from the departments of psychology and management made presentations with colleagues and K-State graduate students in psychology at the recent annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology in Chicago, Ill.
• Ronald Downey, professor of psychology, and colleagues, "Toxic Emotions: Considering the Hidden Consequences of the Recession."
• Downey; Andrew Wefald, assistant professor of leadership studies; and colleagues, poster session, "Environmental and Burnout Influences on Hospital Workers’ Mental Health."
• Downey and colleague, "Past, Present, and Future of Master's Programs in I-O."
• Downey and Thomas Wright, professor of management, "Leadership: The Highs and Lows."
• Clive Fullagar, professor of psychology; Patrick Knight, associate professor of psychology; and colleagues, poster session, "Timelessness and Flow."
• Satoris Culbertson, assistant professor of psychology, and colleague, poster session, "Development and validation of a gender role stereotypes scale."
• Culbertson chaired the panel discussion, "Employment interview research: Where do we go next?"
• Culbertson and colleague presented "Using experimental design to understand work-family conflict" and were co-chairs of the symposium "Researching outside the box: Exploring work-family research beyond cross-sectional approaches."
• Culbertson and colleagues, poster session, "Employment interview reliability: Updating Conway, Jako and Goodman (1995)."
• Culbertson and colleagues, poster session, "Performance appraisal purpose and rater expertise: Effects on rating error."
• Culbertson and colleague, poster session, "Teamwork self-efficacy: Development and validation of a new scale."