October 22, 2012
Rankin named to task force on closing the achievement gap
Kansas Commissioner of Education Diane DeBacker named Charles Rankin, professor of educational leadership, to the select seven-member team of the Commissioner’s Task Force on Closing the Achievement Gap.
This initiative grew out of the state’s most recent assessment data indicating an achievement gap between different subgroup populations. The task force will have its first meeting in Topeka on Wednesday.
In addition to DeBacker and Rankin, the other task force members are:
- Mildred Edwards, executive director of the Kansas African American Affairs Commission
- Adrienne Foster, executive director, Kansas Hispanic and Latino American Affairs Commission
- Sen. Jean Schodorf, member, Kansas Senate
- Brad Neuenswander, deputy commissioner of education, Kansas State Department of Education
- Tom Foster, director, career, standards and assessment, Kansas State Department of Education