October 10, 2012
Perez accepts position at California State University Northridge
Ernie Perez, manager of instruction technology, has accepted a position as director of instructional technology at California State University Northridge effective Oct. 15.
Perez began at K-State as a student employee and worked his way up to his current position as manager, where he leads a team of six full-time employees and 13 students. Among his notable accomplishments are:
- Upgrading 42 general use classrooms to basic technology rooms in two years
- Managing the pilot study that studied virtualization for university computing labs
- Assuming responsibility for video conferencing on campus
- Serving as president of Allianza and a member of the McCain board
- Serving as co-chair of the All-University Campaign
“Ernie has been a critical player in transforming the campus computing environment from when he served as help desk support for the InfoCommons to most recently piloting video conferencing options for K-Staters," said Rebecca Gould, director of the Information Technology Assistance Center. "Ernie along with his positive attitude and ability to work across campus will be missed. All of information technology services wishes him well in his new position."
During this transition questions about design, build and upgrading of rooms with technology should be directed to Kevin Shippy at 785-532-3343. For questions about existing technology classrooms support and university computing labs and training contact Ryan Hagar at 785-532-4924, and direct questions about video conferencing to Luke Haselwood at 785-532-2992.