October 4, 2012
Game day weekend travel update
If you are traveling from outside Manhattan to the K-State/KU football game this weekend, plan for possible delays, traffic congestion and lane closures to and from Manhattan.
In a recent release by Kansas Department of Transportation, several routes into Manhattan will be under construction.
Between Topeka and Manhattan on Interstate 70:
- Westbound I-70 from Valencia Road to Kansas Highway 30 will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair work
- A half-mile of westbound I-70 over Dry Creek Bridge will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair work. The Keene Road at Dry Creek Bridge to westbound I-70 entrance ramp will be also be closed however a detour will be provided.
Between Topeka and Manhattan on Interstate 470:
- Westbound in Topeka from the turnpike tollgate to Gage Boulevard will be reduced to one lane.
From west to Manhattan on Kansas Highway 18:
- Both eastbound and westbound from Ogden to Manhattan is reduced to one lane in each direction.
Between Topeka and Manhattan on U.S. Highway 24:
- Expect delays for the westbound lane over the Big Blue River Bridge east of the Manhattan city limits.
- Eastbound and westbound from Grantville Road to Kansas Highway 237 in Shawnee and Jefferson Counties will be reduced to one lane each direction.
- Eastbound and westbound over the railroad track bridges — east of Goodyear plant in north Topeka — will be reduced to one lane for a half mile on either side of both bridges.
- Eastbound and westbound between Silver Lake and west of Rossville will be reduced to one lane for both directions. Traffic will be directed across both bridges via traffic signals at either end of the bridges.
For more information and a complete list of road construction projects related to travel for the Sunflower Showdown, visit the Kansas Department of Transportation's website.