October 8, 2012
Nominate a first-year advocate
K-State First is seeking nominations for the Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate Award. Nominees may include faculty, staff or graduate students who have demonstrated dedication and innovation in addressing the needs of first-year students. Successful candidates will have a record of improving the undergraduate student experience with a focus on the first-year.
The winner of the Kansas State University Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate Award will represent our campus community in the national competition sponsored by the National Resource Center for First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
Nominations are accepted until 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12. Please submit your nominations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via campus mail to K-State First, 122 Anderson Hall.
Nominations should include:
- A letter of nomination provided by the nominator -- one page;
- A supporting narrative -- not to exceed five pages -- that:
- Describes the nominee’s efforts and attributes that make him/her an advocate for first-year students,
- Provides evidence of the impact of efforts on first-year students, and
- Provides evidence of the impact on the culture of the institution;
- At least one supporting letter of nomination from colleagues or students;
- Additional supporting materials such as pamphlets, program materials, videotapes or annual reports will not be included in the review.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.