September 17, 2012
IT resources for faculty
K-State information technology services offers a variety of resources to assist faculty including:
- Instructional designers: Instructional designers are available to assist faculty in developing engaging and high quality learning environments for both on and off campus. Contact Phyllis Epps, email@example.com to schedule an instructional designer.
- Let us enroll you in the eLearning Best Practices course: Allows you to view how other faculty and staff have posted online materials. Browse at your own pace. Contact one of the instructional designers for access, Swasati Mukherjee, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ben Ward, email@example.com; or Shalin Hai-Jew, firstname.lastname@example.org
- eLearning modules: Developed specifically for K-State instructors who want to enhance online teaching and learning skills.
- IDT roundtables: Discussions about instructional design and technology along with good teaching practices and pedagogy.
- Innovations in teaching and learning showcase: Is your once-a-year refresher in resisting the daily grind to make your teaching abilities, your classroom and your technical knowledge extraordinary. Walk away with a new perspective on making valuable connections, both in and outside the classroom.
- IT training: Check out the various training sessions held throughout the year on topics such as web design, social media, K-State Online, iSIS and more.