September 6, 2012
New library service for K-State faculty
At K-State Libraries, we know you like to keep the library materials you use frequently close at hand. However, we need to see them once each year to make sure they don't need any preservation or repair, and also so we can prove they still exist for accounting and collection purposes. Our new Renew It service is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to help us accomplish our tasks.
If your materials are:
- more than you can carry to Hale or a branch library
- no longer able to be renewed online
- present in your office or lab on campus
then Renew It is for you!
Simply contact one of the libraries to set up an appointment. A staff member will visit your office or lab, check in all materials present and then check them back out to you. If you have a library proxy, that individual can meet with us if you are unavailable.
Benefits to you include:
- not having to transport dozens of books
- having a single due date applied to everything you have checked out
- clearing your account of any blocks
To use this new service, simply:
- make an appointment
- have all your materials on hand in your campus office or lab
- be available with your K-State ID or have your proxy available with his or her K-State ID
“We recognize that hauling books back and forth across campus is not how anyone wants to spend their time,” said Sara Kearns, department head for undergraduate and community services. “To be truthful, some days the tenth of a mile round trip from my office to the Library Help desk is more than I can fit in to my schedule. I was delighted when a conversation with a friend who is a faculty member in biology resulted in the sleek solution of the libraries staff visiting offices and labs.”
For questions about this service, general materials renewal, or your library account, don’t hesitate to Ask a Librarian. We'll also happily take your suggestions for other library services that would make your research or teaching process easier.