August 24, 2012
President, provost visiting colleges and other units for open forums
In an effort to ensure transparency for university operations and emphasize regular communications between the central administration and faculty and staff, President Kirk Schulz and Provost April Mason will visit colleges and similar units this fall.
They will present material on major universitywide issues and initiatives for the coming year and have time for discussion and questions.
Schulz and Mason will discuss progress-to-date on K-State 2025; give some preliminary information on plans to address faculty and staff compensation; start a conversation on ways to more closely integrate distance education into our campus culture; and address other topics particular to each college. Many of the sessions will be taped for those who cannot participate at the specific meeting time.
The following dates have been set for the campus meetings, with specific times and locations to be communicated in the future from respective deans:
- Aug. 21 — K-State Salina
- Sept. 5 — Veterinary Medicine and Education
- Sept. 6 — Architecture, Planning and Design; Arts and Sciences
- Sept. 12 — Library
- Sept. 13 — Business Administration
- Sept. 21 — Engineering; Continuing Education
- Sept. 24 — President’s Office, Provost’s Office, Administration and Finance, Communications and Marketing
- Sept. 25 — Student Life
- Sept. 27 — K-State Olathe
- Sept. 28 — Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension
- Oct. 8 — Human Ecology and Foundation
- Oct. 11 — Research Office and Graduate School; Athletics
- Nov. 5 — Alumni Association