August 23, 2012
Registration is open for K-State's Sustainability Conference
Registration is open for the fourth annual statewide Higher Education Sustainability Conference, Thursday, Sept. 6, at the K-State Student Union.
This conference will empower attendees with new ways to help sustain Kansas through environmental, social and economic issues.
- Network and learn more about sustainability efforts in higher education from experts throughout the state.
- Learn about challenges to sustainability work in commerce; nonprofits and advocacy communities; and student life.
- Engage in presentations and panel discussions with faculty, students, nonprofit leaders and community representatives.
- Experience an interactive World Cafe session and poster presentations.
- Enjoy a local foods luncheon with keynote speaker Nancy Jackson from the Climate and Energy Project.
Registration is $60 and student registration is $10 with an optional $25 for students to attend the luncheon. Sponsorships of all levels are accepted including sponsoring a student's registration or luncheon.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to submit a poster display, which will soon be indicated at registration. Each institution at the conference is also invited to provide a brief update of recent sustainability efforts at their institution.
You may want to also attend K-State's conference on Adapting to a Changing Climate on the Central Great Plains on Sept. 4 and 5 in the K-State Student Union.