May 23, 2012
Final legislative update
Legislative Final Update
The Kansas Legislature adjourned on Sunday night for the year. The final legislative actions will be sent to the governor for signature.
Legislative items specific for faculty and staff of Kansas State University
- Undermarket pay for the fourth group was passed.
- No salary increases were passed.
- Longevity bonus passed at $40 per year.
- KPERS legislation to address the unfunded liability was passed. The legislation added cash Balance (CB) plan as a new Tier 3 within the existing KPERS defined benefit plans, effective Jan. 1, 2015.
Legislative items specific for Kansas State University
- $5 million was passed to raise the national ranking of the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- $5 million was passed for animal health programs.
- $5 million was passed to launch research in the national interest for animal health at the Biosecurity Research Institute.
- $3.5 million was passed for the Engineering Initiative Act.
- $10 was passed for Repair and Rehabilitation, which is an increase from the $4.3 million annual appropriation.
Additional updates can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/govrelations/state/.