October 24, 2017
National search for assistant vice president for university risk and compliance officer underway
A search committee appointed by Vice President Cindy Bontrager has started the national search for the university's first risk and compliance officer.
"Hiring an individual with expertise in managing the increasing compliance demands will provide real value to our university," Bontrager said. "I appreciate President Myers' support in funding this position so we can hire someone with the responsibility of developing a collaborative compliance program that mitigates our compliance risks and assists us in identifying and managing other risks across the university."
Search committee members are:
- Fran Willbrant, assistant vice president of financial services, chair.
- Jackie Hartman, chief of staff and director community relations.
- Steve LaFever, internal audit director.
- Cheryl Doerr, associate vice president for research compliance.
- Christina Aguilera, director of environmental health and safety.
- Sarah Barrett, Clery Act federal compliance coordinator.
- Oscar Ruiz, associate director of the K-State Police Department.
- Robert Gamez, director of student financial assistance.
- Brian Niehoff, associate provost for institutional effectiveness.
- Maureen Redeker, assistant general counsel.
Lindsey Fouquette, talent acquisition strategic partner for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
The assistant vice president for university risk and compliance provides oversight and coordination of institutional risk and compliance programs that promote a culture of compliance and the highest standards of ethics, integrity and responsibility within the university community. Nominations and applications are now being accepted for this position. The search committee will accept applications until Nov. 20. The position is expected to be filled by February 2018.