May 8, 2012
Highlights from May 2 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the May 2 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant vice president for administration report:
Gary Leitnaker reported on the state employee health insurance discount and the health assessments. He also reported on the impact of the concerns expressed to the Parking Council at the Open Forum.
- Recognition Ceremony: Annette Hernandez thanked everyone for their hard work on the ceremony. We received a lot of good comments on the event.
- Public Relations: Lindsay Thompson reported that the ROAR had been sent out.
- Campus Affairs: Carol Marden reported on the work to be done on the website with Kathy Kugle.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the update to the by-laws.
- Classified Employee Opportunity Fund: Annette Hernandez reported that three Meritorious Service Awards had been given out this month.
Campus Committee Reports:
- Faculty Senate Fringe Benefits Committee: Pam Warren reported that the proposal for tuition assistance for employees from three to six hours per semester was being resubmitted.
- Recycling Committee: Terri Wyrick reported on the recycling efforts by K-State.
- Safety and Maintenance: Discussion was held on the suggestion for a stop sign between the Stonehouse Child Care Center and the dorm parking lot.
- Director of Corporate Engagement Search: Lesa Reves reported that Richard Potter has been selected and will start June 2.
- Dean of K-State Salina Search: Annette Hernandez reported that two candidates are on campus for interviews.
- Master Plan Task Force – Dale Billam reported on the presentations on configurations of the campus. For more information the website is www.k-state.edu/masterplan/.
Classified Senate Secretary