September 8, 2017
Education Abroad thanks faculty, staff for internationalizing K-State classrooms
Education Abroad recognizes and thanks the K-State faculty and staff who put forth the tremendous effort to internationalize their classrooms with an education abroad experience.
During the 2016-17 academic year, 43 faculty and staff accompanied their students abroad on both short-term and semesterlong programs. In collaboration with Education Abroad, these programs were developed in nearly every college at K-State, along with Kansas State University's Polytechnic Campus and the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
Encouraging and increasing student opportunities for learning abroad is a key element in K-State 2025.
College of Agriculture
- Jason Ellis, Ag Communications in Ireland, fall break.
- Sajid Alavi, Agriculture, Food Processing and Nutrition in Brazil, winter break.
- Nathan Nelson, Chuck Rice and Kim Kershen, Agronomy in Brazil, winter break
- John Gonzalez, Food Science in Spain, spring break.
- Chad Miller and Cathie Lavis, Italian Horticulture and History from Rome and Venice, summer.
- David Grieger, Ron Pope and Don Boggs, Agriculture in South Africa, summer.
College of Architecture, Planning & Design
- Lynn Ewanow, David Sachs and Rebecca Stark, Italian Studies Program, fall semester.
- Lynn Ewanow, Mary Catherine Kingery-Page and Vibhavari Jani, Italian Studies Program, spring semester.
College of Arts and Sciences
- David Pickering, Organs of Culture of Munich and Salzburg, summer.
- Laura Kanost, Intermediate Spanish, Costa Rica, winter break.
- Martha Caldas and Elizabeth Dodd, Exploring Environment and Creative Writing at the Center of the World – Galapagos Islands, Ecuador, summer.
- Janice McGregor, K-State in Leipzig, Germany, summer.
- Shawn Hutchinson, Introduction to China: Hydrology and Watershed Assessment, summer.
College of Business Administration
- Swinder Janda, PMBA: International Business Experience in Italy, fall; and International Business, United Kingdom, Germany, spring break.
- Swinder Janda and Bente Janda, International Marketing in Europe, Spain and Italy, fall break.
- Brett Wilkinson, Accounting International Experience-Australia, summer.
College of Engineering
- Stacey Hutchinson, Introduction to China: Hydrology and Watershed Assessment, summer.
College of Human Ecology
- Kadri Koppel and Brandi Miller, Agriculture, Food Processing and Nutrition in Brazil, winter break.
- Stuart Heckman and Martin Seay, Advanced Professional Issues in FSHS, China, summer.
- Peggy Honey, Interior Design Study Tour, Italy and France, summer.
- Mary DeLuccie and Barbara Hammerli, Children and Families in a Cultural Context, Italy, summer.
- John Buckwalter and Shawna Jordan, International Health in Croatia, summer.
Kansas State Polytechnic Campus
- Fred Guzek and Sue Guzek, International Rural Economic Development in France, fall break.
- Fred Guzek, Sue Guzek, Becky DeGreeff, Troy Brockway and Kathy Brockway, Marketing and Intercultural Communications in Italy, spring break.
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Walter Renberg, Veterinary Medicine in Scotland, summer.
Staley School of Leadership Studies
- Matt Yates, Global Citizenship in Paris, France, spring break.
- Leigh Fine, Leadership Studies in Canada, summer.
Special thanks to the following K-State faculty and staff who also played a significant role in the development of these education abroad programs:
- Tamie Redding, Don Boggs, College of Agriculture.
- Becky O’Donnell, College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Louise Benjamin, Derek Hillard, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Shawna Jordan, College of Human Ecology.