August 16, 2017
Provost names acting dean of College of Veterinary Medicine and committee members for search for interim dean
April Mason, provost and senior vice president, has appointed Bonnie Rush to serve as acting dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine effective Sept. 1. Rush will take over leadership for Tammy Beckham who recently announced her resignation as she accepted an offer to work for the Department of Defense, but will remain as a full professor in the diagnostic medicine and pathobiology department while on assignment with the DOD.
The acting dean will serve until the completion of an expedited internal search for an interim dean limited to current employees of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The anticipated start date will be mid-September.
Search committee members for the interim dean include:
- Brian Niehoff, committee chair, associate provost for institutional effectiveness
- Michael Apley, professor of clinical sciences
- Johann "Hans" Coetzee, professor and department head of anatomy and physiology
- Gregg Hanzlicek, assistant professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology
- Kenneth Harkin, professor of clinical sciences
- Susan Haselbaker, agricultural technician, Veterinary Health Center
- Shanlyn Hefley, College of Veterinary Medicine student
- Eric Holderness, senior director of development, KSU Foundation
- Judy Klimek, associate professor of anatomy and physiology
- Ernie Minton, associate dean, College of Agriculture and KSRE
- T.G. Nagaraja, university distinguished professor of Diagnostic Medicine and Pathobiology
- Priscilla Roddy, assistant dean for administration and finance, College of Veterinary Medicine dean's office
- Mark Spare, College of Veterinary Medicine student
- Michael Whitehair, veterinary practitioner, Kansas Veterinary Medical Association
"I thank Dr. Rush for accepting this appointment as acting dean," Mason said. "I also thank Dr. Brian Niehoff and the interim search committee members for their service."