July 6, 2017
Fiscal year 2018 fringe benefit rates for proposal budgets
Human Capital Services has confirmed fringe benefit rates for fiscal year 2018. These rates are effective immediately and should be used when preparing budget estimates to be included in proposals for extramural support. To facilitate the transition to these new rates, budgets that are in process will be accepted at the old rate until July 17, at which time PreAward Services will require adoption of fiscal year 2018 rates.
Fiscal year 2018 rates are as follows.
- Unclassified staff: 32 percent.
- University support staff: 43 percent.
- Student hourly employees and enrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 1 percent.
- Student hourly employees and nonenrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 8.9 percent.
- Graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants enrolled in six hours or more and who have appointments of 0.5 time or greater: 6 percent — includes the percentage allocable to employer's share of health insurance.
Please circulate this notification to all who need to know these new rates, and call PreAward Services at 785-532-6804 if you have any questions.