February 22, 2017
Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program application window closes Feb. 24
Applications to be a part of the 2017-2018 class of the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program are due at 11:55 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, a partnership between the Staley School of Leadership Studies and K-State Athletics, offers students in their final year at K-State a leadership development opportunity rooted in honoring Hall of Fame Coach Bill Snyder's leadership legacy at K-State.
The third year for Snyder Fellows program will begin in April 2017 and continue through March 2018. This yearlong program will include a class of up to 40 outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State. Snyder fellows will participate in a variety of leadership development activities to help prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. Through generous contributions from supporters of Coach Snyder and the Staley School, this noncredit development program will be offered at no cost to all selected students.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows will:
- Participate in a leadership development program rooted in Coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success.
- Attend three intensive retreats focused on goal setting and leadership development.
- Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars, and business leaders throughout the year.
- Participate in leadership dialogues and form an ongoing relationship with Coach Snyder.
- Engage in one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners through the critical transition from college to career.
- Mentor youth in the Manhattan community with a group of fellows, through youth sports coaching, in partnership with the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department.
- Make a difference on campus and in the community through service and mentoring activities.
- Create a network of Snyder Fellows past and present to form a family of lifelong leaders.
All applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. Feb. 24. Read more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, or contact Staley School faculty members Marcia Hornung or Katie Meek at 785-532-6085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.