February 9, 2017
Members selected for Administrative Efficiencies Review Committee
In order to maintain student access and affordability within a constrained budget environment, it is critical that we continue to identify cost-saving measures while maintaining the university's land-grant mission.
President Myers has charged Cindy Bontrager, vice president for administration and finance, and Jeff Morris, vice president for communications and marketing and acting vice president for human capital services to form an administrative efficiencies review committee.
The purpose of the committee is to provide recommendations for streamlining administrative processes in order to achieve cost efficiency or organizational effectiveness while maintaining quality service for our students, faculty and staff.
Please submit your cost savings or efficiency ideas to the committee through the Vice President for Administration and Finance website.
The committee's recommendations will be forwarded to the University Budget Advisory Committee and President's Cabinet.
The committee members are:
- Jeff Morris, vice president for communications and marketing and acting vice president for human capital services, co-chair.
- Cindy Bontrager, vice president for administration and finance, co-chair.
- Jessica Van Ranken, Student Governing Association president.
- Jack Ayres, speaker of the Student Senate.
- Susan Erichsen, public service administrator I, University Support Staff Senate representative.
- Fred Guzek, professor, Faculty Senate representative.
- Loren Wilson, director of information systems.
- Betsy Draper, associate vice provost for Information Technology Services.
- Dennis Stugelmeyer, director of financial services, K-State Polytechnic.
- Priscilla Roddy, assistant dean for administration and finance, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Casey Lauer, assistant vice president, Division of Facilities.
- Gary Weishaar, energy engineering, Division of Facilities.
- Memory Buffington, assistant director of accounts payable, Division of Financial Services
- Geneva Jahnke, budget/fiscal officer, College of Agriculture.
- Trenton Modean, project manager, Human Capital Services.
- Mike Crow, associate director for administrative services, Department of Housing and Dining.
- Kris Fulkerson, procurement officer III, Division of Facilities.
- Cathy Oehm, procurement officer IV, Division of Financial Services.
- Brad Kramer, department head, industrial and manufacturing systems engineering.
The committee's charge includes:
- Document and evaluate efficiencies that have been implemented.
- Identify administrative processes to review for efficiency.
- The review process should include analyzing required investments of technology or staff resources necessary to effectively implement the revised process.
- Estimate the potential costs savings to the university over a three-year (or longer) period if the project is implemented.
- Strategically prioritize recommended projects.
The committee has held one meeting and is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, Feb. 21, to brainstorm administrative processes to review for efficiencies and other cost savings ideas.