April 11, 2012
Americans with Disabilities Act presentation April 24
Pam Foster, associate director of affirmative action, and Michelle White-Godinet, assistant director, will present training on the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, WTD076, from 1:30–3 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, in Room 213 of the K-State Student Union.
President George W. Bush signed the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act on Oct. 8, 2008. On July 23, 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder signed the final regulations revising the ADA regulations. This training will provide an overview and update of the act(s), including the purpose(s) of the act, who is protected, who is not protected, employer responsibilities, employee responsibilities, and covered employment practices.
Topics covered will be able to:
- Explain the basic tenets of the act and the amended act;
- Recognize situations when the interactive process may be indicated;
- Initiate the interactive process or know who to call for assistance; and
- Identify reasonable accommodations for your department.
Training activities will include a video on the myths surrounding individuals with disabilities, lecture and discussion.
You may register in one of two ways:
1) Through HRIS Self Enrollment, or
2) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, employee ID number, course title and session number.