September 26, 2016
Community invited to participate in K-State Homecoming events
The K-State Alumni Association and Student Homecoming Committee invite Kansas State University students, alumni, families and friends to join them for events and activities during K-State's 2016 All-University Homecoming week Oct. 16-22.
This year's Homecoming theme is "Growing Up Purple." The week marks K-State's 101st Homecoming celebration. Homecoming is a universitywide celebration coordinated by the K-State Alumni Association and sponsored by AT&T.
"For more than a century our Wildcat community has celebrated this wonderful tradition," said Marcus Kidd, assistant director of student programs for the K-State Alumni Association. "We look forward to K-State fans of all ages joining us for a spirit-filled Homecoming week celebrating the K-State family, which spreads across the country and worldwide."
Students or student organizations interested in being involved in additional Homecoming week activities should contact the K-State Alumni Association programs department at 785-532-5070.
All Homecoming events are open to the public. The schedule of events is as follows — all events and times are subject to change:
Sunday, Oct. 16
- 10 a.m., Homecoming Philanthropy 5K Run/Walk at the K-State Alumni Center
Students, alumni and community members may run or walk through campus in the 14th annual Homecoming 5K Run/Walk, which benefits USO Fort Riley.
- Noon to 2 p.m., Greek and Residence Hall Spirit Signs will be on display throughout campus, and Student Organization Sidewalk Chalking Contest will be in Bosco Student Plaza.
- 5:30 p.m., Crazy Cat Kickoff, Memorial Stadium
This series of comical games is sponsored by the K-State Association of Residence Halls.
- 8 p.m., Pant the Chant, Bramlage Coliseum
Homecoming pairings perform original spirit cheers.
- Coloring contest winners, grades K-6, will be displayed at Manhattan Town Center all week.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Paint the 'Ville, Aggieville
Check out the Aggieville windows being painted by campus organizations and Homecoming pairings.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wildcat Request Live, Bramlage Coliseum
This lip sync and dance competition showcases greek Homecoming pairings.
Thursday, Oct. 20
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., K-State Student Ambassador elections.
- 6-8 p.m., Children's Carnival, K-State Student Union
Open to the Manhattan and surrounding communities.
Friday, Oct. 21
- 3-5 p.m, Trick-or-Treat from in Aggieville.
- 5 p.m., Homecoming Parade
The parade route begins at Manhattan Town Center and will run along Poyntz Avenue from Third Street to 11th Street, then heads north along 11th until reaching Moro Street before snaking back south along Manhattan Avenue and concluding in City Park.
- 6:30 p.m., following the parade, Homecoming Pep Rally, Larry Norvell Band Shell in City Park.
Saturday, Oct. 21
- K-State vs. Texas Homecoming football game. Time to be determined. Visit kstatesports.com for updated game times.
- A pregame celebration will begin two hours prior to kickoff in Cat Town, which is located on the south side of the west parking lot at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Cost to attend is $20 per adult and $15 per child, 4-17 years old. Reservations for pregame are required by Oct. 14.
- The winning Spirit Signs will be displayed at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. During halftime the new Student Ambassadors will be announced and the Homecoming Committee members will be recognized.
- K-State vs. West Virginia volleyball game. Time to be determined. Visit kstatesports.com for updated game times.