September 13, 2016
Introduction to Supervision course starts Oct. 4
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Learning and Development in Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures.
Supervisors of university support staff employees are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff. Human Capital Services asks that participants in the program are current supervisors of university support staff employees at the time of enrollment.
Please note, this series is not meant for supervisors of unclassified or student employees, including graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants or graduate assistants.
A series of topics will be covered:
- "Benefit" Your Team.
- Hiring Top Talent.
- Interview Designer.
- Introduction to Search Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Recognizing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment.
- Respect and Professionalism in the Workplace.
- Managing Difficult Conversations.
- Evaluating University Support Staff Work Performance.
- Corrective Action for University Support Staff.
- Attendance Guidelines for University Support Staff.
This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all university support staff supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted permanent status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email Samantha Roberts at email@example.com and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number, WTD077.