August 16, 2016
Journalism and mass communications students semifinalists in broadcast awards
The following students from K-State's A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications are semifinalists in the South Central Broadcast Society video competition:
- Video 204 Television Talent–On camera News or Sports — Natalie Otto and Avery Osen.
- Video 208 Promotional Video Music Video — "Tri Delta Loves St. Jude," Katie Johnston.
- Video 210 Documentary "Trafficked in the Sex Industry" — Lindsay Rhoades and collaborators.
- Video 212 News Program: "Channel 8 News April 19, 2016" — Katie Johnston and the Channel 8 News Crew.
- Video 214 Informational or Entertainment Shorts — "Maize Mosaic Virus," Anthony Williams.
Final awards will be announced at the South Central Broadcast Society Conference Sept. 30 to Oct. 1 at the Texas Association of Broadcasters' facilities in Austin. Additionally, the society will host an awards ceremony connected with the Kansas Association of Broadcasters Convention. Students and advisers will be able to attend either the "northern meeting" or "southern meeting."
The 2016 Kansas Association of Broadcasters Convention will be Oct. 9-11 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Airport in Wichita.
See the full list of semifinalists. All semifinalists in each category are listed in random order.