June 7, 2016
K-State Global Campus announces Online Essentials class participants for 2016
Kansas State University Global Campus has selected participants for the 2016 Online Essentials course, a rigorous blended course that equips instructors with best practices and innovative technology tools for online teaching.
Online Essentials participants demonstrate dedication and commitment to excellence in teaching. The class of 2016 includes:
- Kelly Getty, College of Agriculture
- John Ruberson, College of Agriculture
- Greg Zolnerowich, College of Agriculture
- Terri Becerra, College of Arts & Sciences
- Majid Jaberi-Douraki, College of Arts & Sciences
- Shannon Blake Skelton, College of Arts & Sciences
- Doris W. Carroll, College of Education
- Tonnie Martinez, College of Education
- David Carter, College of Engineering
- Peggy Honey, College of Human Ecology
- Jooyoun Kim, College of Human Ecology
- Ronette Gehring, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Zhoumeng Lin, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Victoriya Volkova, College of Veterinary Medicine
Lisa Craft, instructional designer who regularly offers the course at Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus, will teach the class on the Manhattan campus for a third year. Participants will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge by working on building or redesigning their own online classes.
"The Online Essentials curriculum has something for everyone at all experience levels," said Robert Hachiya, assistant professor of educational leadership at K-State, and past course participant. "The class can be beneficial for those who are seeking help and information regarding technology, and can also assist those very comfortable with technology but need assistance with online teaching. The range of students in the class represented departments from across the campus, which became a chance to meet new people and expand my network of colleagues. I highly recommend the class for any instructor who teaches online classes."
Faculty and staff interested in online teaching can attend the Online Essentials capstone event later this year, where class participants have the opportunity to share what they have learned.
K-State Global Campus is pleased to provide educational opportunities for K-State faculty and staff. To take part in a future offering of the K-State Online Essentials course, contact Ashley Noll at firstname.lastname@example.org.