May 16, 2016
Introduction to Supervision course starts June 7
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Learning and Development in Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors of university support staff with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures.
All supervisors of university support staff are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff. Human Capital Services asks that only current supervisors of university support staff employees at the time of enrollment participate in the program.
Please note, this series is not meant for supervisors of unclassified or student employees, including graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants or graduate assistants.
A series of topics will be covered:
- "Benefit" your team.
- Writing position descriptions.
- Hiring top talent.
- Interview designer.
- Introduction to search committee roles and responsibilities.
- Recognizing discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Respect and professionalism in the workplace.
- Managing difficult conversations.
- Evaluating university support staff work performance.
- Corrective action for university support staff.
- Attendance guidelines for university support staff.
This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all university support staff employees supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted permanent status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email Samantha Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number, WTD077 in the email.