May 12, 2016
Confucius Institute to sponsor photo contest in fall 2016 to promote cultural understanding
To promote cultural understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity, the K-State Confucius Institute will sponsor a photo contest in fall 2016. The theme of the contest is "China and the United States: Cultural Differences through the Lens," and anyone at K-State or in the Manhattan community is welcome to participate.
- No limitation to the subject matters of photos or when the photos were taken.
- Entries from nonnative Chinese speakers must show some aspect of the Chinese culture.
- Native Chinese speakers' submissions should show the American culture they have learned or experienced.
- Photographs should be accompanied by an extended caption — up to 250 words — that describes the cultural elements shown and the photographer's reaction and experience.
- Each person may submit no more than two photos.
All entries will be evaluated by a committee formed by the Confucius Institute. Winners will receive cash prizes in addition to certificates. Winners will receive $300 for first place, $200 for second place and $100 for third place. Honorable mentions also will be awarded. We plan to compile the winning photographs and select additional entries in a photo album.
Please send your printed photos to: K-State Confucius Institute, 1800 Claflin Road, Suite 205, Manhattan, KS 66502. Digital photo(s) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Sept. 10.
Contact the institute at email@example.com or 785-532-3680 with any questions or for more information.