March 16, 2012
Interim director for the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning position announced
The position of interim director for the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning is a full-time regular administrative – 12-month – appointment for the duration of one year, beginning July 1 and ending June 30, 2013. The position reports to the associate provost for institutional effectiveness, and oversees the operation of the center, which employs a classified administrative assistant, two graduate assistants and student hourly workers.
The person in this position will be expected to:
- Serve as point person for the teaching mission at Kansas State University
- Oversee and assist with the activities of the Faculty Exchange for Teaching Excellence, the New Faculty Institute and the Peer Review of Teaching program.
- Coordinate and work with other colleges, departments, and individual faculty regarding all matters related to teaching, which could include conducting seminars or workshops, and individualized teaching consultation.
- Oversee the administration and development of the TEVAL and IDEA Student Ratings Systems
- Cooperate with other units associated with teaching and curriculum:
* Office of assessment
* General Education/K-State 8
* Division of Continuing Education
- Teach one section of the Principles of College Teaching course, EDCI 943, in both the fall and spring semesters, www.k-state.edu/catl/edci943
Candidates must be tenured and have a Ph.D.or a terminal degree from an accredited institution, a demonstrated record of excellent teaching, and strong communication skills.
Candidates should also be knowledgeable about trends in teaching and learning, including E-learning. Candidates should have experience in program development and have a record of research in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A letter of interest that includes the vision for the CATL and a summary of teaching experiences and performances
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
Candidates should also notify their department head or unit director of their interest in this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on April 16.
Application packets for this position should be sent to Nova Nickerson, firstname.lastname@example.org, at the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning, 215 Fairchild Hall.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity among its employees.