March 14, 2012
Highlights from the March 7 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the March 7 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant Vice President for Administration Report:
Gary Leitnaker reported that marriage licenses and birth certificates are needed by March 15 for a health insurance audit. He also reported on the increase to parking permits as well as the peer review issues.
Sue Peterson gave an update on legislative items including re-districting and the budget.
- Campus Affairs: Maria Sweet reported on updating the website and pictures for the presentation board
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the elections and officer election to be held at the April meeting.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported that letters were being sent out for recognition recipients and retirees.
Campus Committee Reports:
- Faculty Senate Fringe Benefits Committee: Pam Warren reported on the items discussed at the meeting including increasing the employee tuition assistance and how unclassified sick leave is being handled.
- Recycling Committee: Cherry Rosenberry reported on the Open House and Recyclemania.
- Parking Operations Committee: Terri Wyrick reported on the issue of client stalls. An Open Forum will be held on April 6.
- Peer Review: Discussion was held on the Peer Review process.
- Dean of College of Ag Search: Lois Schreiner reported that Dr. John Floros was selected as the new Dean and he will begin on August 1, 2012.
- Dean of College of Education Search: Lesa Reves reported that the candidates are currently on campus for interviews.
- Director of Corporate Engagement Search: Lesa Reves reported that the candidates will be on campus for interviews the weeks of March 12-16 and March 19-23.
- Dean of K-State Salina Search: Annette Hernandez reported that they are in the process and hope to have candidates interview on campus by the end of April.
- Sesquicentennial Anniversary of KSU – Becki Bohnenblust reported on things that were happening in honor of our 150th anniversary. The kick-off date is set for February 14, 2013.
- Campaign for Nonviolence Presidential Committee – Janice Taggart reported on ideas non-violence issues that were discussed.