May 2, 2016
Call for nominations: Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry Student Research ambassadors
The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry seeks student research ambassadors to represent each college at K-State.
What does a student research ambassador do? The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry ambassadors present to classes, student groups and other organizations. Through presentations and student panels, ambassadors explain the many benefits of undergraduate research, share their experiences, and outline the steps to get involved.
Who is eligible for nomination? Ambassadors must be undergraduate students with research experience and be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Nominees should have completed one full year in research.
What is expected?
• Hours: 15-30 flexible hours each semester. Some evening and weekend availability is necessary.
• Represent the office in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Promote the benefits and activities of the Office of Research & Creative Inquiry to college classes, at campus recruitment events, on panels for students and faculty, and other promotional events as assigned.
• Required availability to assist with office events, including the Spring Research Symposium, Open House and SPARK Week.
• Participation in ambassador training. Training is mandatory and individuals who cannot attend the entire training session will lose their ambassador position.
What are the benefits?
• Build presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Gain valuable experience and recognition for promoting a highly valued undergraduate program.
• Be a leader in a community of researchers.
• Have an opportunity to share research experience with peers, staff and faculty of the university, and potential new students.
• Gain networking opportunities with faculty.
• Add a great resume-building experience.
Nominations can be submitted to Anita Cortez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominated students should be prepared to complete the application form and submit their resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation. Additional information can be found online.